19 February 2010

Compilation of Metaphors: circa 2005

Here I gesture like eggs,

Sitting on shelves in doors and here

Is not where I left you,

My round smooth body cracking

From the weight of a mustard seed and pimentos,

Fractured heart breaking from the sound of a word.


Here I let you stuff me like olives in a thick glass jar,

You let me swim like an eye ball in labs,

Peering at you through glass walls and

Abandoned on shelves with the ketchup,

The light here goes out whenever you leave.


Like a dog I salivate to your breathing,

The sound of proximity giving me fits.

You tethered me to a pole in a junk yard

Where I’ll sell the tubes of my heart out for scrap.


Here I am stuck on the sill like a plant without water,

My dry dirt breaking to show you my roots

While you look

And only see dust.


In the purple room like a bruise I congeal,

Clotting the door frame and barking for your attention.

My arms grow towards you as though your heat

germinated my limbs while you

Search me like refrigerators at two

O’clock in the morning, fashioning yourself

As hungry but finding it was only

Boredom all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment